Friday 16 July 2010

Shrawan: a very special month


Shrawan is the fourth month of the Nepali calendar. It is a holy month related to Lord Shiva. At the same time it is more important for me, after all its my birthday........ Yes, the most important day when I came to earth....... And I am so thankful to my parents, friends and people around me...... I have no words to thank them.......

When I try to remember those days when I was in school - giving candies to class mates and teachers, having a nice meal with my family...... dad who brings yummy food and mum who worships for my good health and prosperity...... ohh its so lovely! But I remember one particular birthday when I invited all my classmates for dinner to celebrate....however, I forgot to inform my parents. I actually thought that only one or two would turn up...so imagine the surprise of me and my parents when we were inundated by teenagers!

Now this year’s birthday, my wife gave me a surprise with lot of gifts at the stroke of midnight. And then in the morning I got a surprise call from my parents to wish me a happy birthday...... as well as from friends...... That’s so amazing and I do really feel it’s a special day for me....... and these are all special people who made it special...... My birthday is not finished yet as I will have to go home this coming Saturday so that I can make my nephew happy with lots of cake and chocolate...... little version of Bipin ha haaaaaa oh thank you so much to all.

I have attached the best gift from my wife too (picture of me and her, Gill)

No comments:

Post a Comment